Nonlinear Optical Crystals: LBO
LBO crystals (Lithium Triborate Crystal) is an excellent nonlinear crystal. For frequency doubling (SHG),tripling(THG) of Nd:YAG,Nd:YLF,Nd:YVO4 lasers, it is one of the most useful nonlinear optical materials in ultraviolet and visible laser applications.
- broad transparency range from 160nm to 2600nm (see Figure 1);
- high optical homogeneity (δn≈10-6/cm) and being free of inclusion;
- relatively large effective SHG coefficient (about three times that of KDP);
- wide acceptance angle and small walk-off;
- type I and type II non-critical phase matching (NCPM) in a wide wavelength range;
- spectral NCPM near 1300nm.
- high damage threshold(18.9 GW/cm 2 for a 1.3ns laser at 1053nm); LBO has the highest damage threshold in all the commonly-used inorganic NLO crystals. Therefore, it is the best candidate for high average power SHG and other nonlinear optical processes.
|Comparison of Bulk Damage Threshold (@1053nm ,1.3ns)|
|Crystal||Energy Density (J/cm 2 )||Power Density (GW/cm 2 )||Ratio|
LBO’s main applications
- SHG, THG of Nd lasers
- SHG of Ti:Sapphire, Cr:LiSAF and Alexandrite lasers
- OPA and OPO
We offer LBO specification:
|Tolerance of cutting angle||△θ≤±0.25°,△φ≤±0.25°|
|Tolerance of dimension||Dimension+/-0.1 mm，L：±0.1mm|
|Flatness||λ/8 @ 632.8nm|
|Wavefront distortion||λ/8@ 632.8nm|
|Surface quality||10/5 per MIL-O-13830A|
|Coating||AR/P-coating Upon customer’s request|
|Damage Threshold||750MW/CM2 at 1064nm, TEM00, 10ns, 10Hz|
|Warranty||One year under proper use|