Visual CV PDF
2007-2012 Ph.D. in Physics, CGPA: 3.911/4. University Putra Malaysia (English medium, QS Ranking 2020: 132), Selangor, Malaysia. Research title: “Structure, optical and physical properties of GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 ternary glass”.
2003-2006 M.Sc. in Physics, CGPA: 16.49/ 20, University of Tehran, Tehran, IRAN. Research title: Doping of TiO2 nano particles in YBCO superconductor”.
1999-2003 Sc. in Physics, CGPA: 15.19/ 20, University of Tehran, Tehran, IRAN.High school Diploma, CGPA: 18.5/20, Alborz high school, Tehran, Iran
- Grants and Awards
- Winner of Marie Curie fellowship (Experienced Researcher) to join a 2.45 million Euro project called LUSTRE. Note: The Marie-Curie Fellowship is the Europe’s most competitive and prestigious awards aimed at fostering interdisciplinary research and international collaborations. Winners of this fellowship, especially the ER (Experienced Researcher position), are practically known as talents of Europe and are extremely well paid. (£63,392 annual salary)
- Innovation Mentor (Converging Technologies), INOTEX: International Innovation and Technology Exhibition; https://inotex.com/mentorslist ; https://www.instagram.com/p/COiH9caAvKs/ Note: INOTEX is a premier regional event and the largest innovation technology event in Iran for professionals engaged in Technology and Innovation, which its aim is to bridge the gap between innovators, investors and traders around the world. https://inotex.com/en
- Member of National Elite Foundation of Iran Honoree member, Mojtahedi Cultural Foundation; Link Note: Dr. Mohammad Ali Modjtahedi Gilani was an Iranian University professor and lifetime principal of the highly prestigious Alborz High School in Tehran, Iran. Founder of Sharif University of Technology and dean of Tehran Polytechnic University (currently renamed to Amirkabir University of Technology)
- Silver medal in Research and Innovation Exhibition (PRPI 2012), UPM, Serdang, 17-19 July 2012, (Hamid-Reza Bahari Pour, Sidek Hj. Abd. Aziz, Halimah Mohamed Kamari, “Preparation and elastic study of GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 ternary glass”)
- International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) workshop fellowship: Half price of travel and full residence allowance for “Workshop on Sphere Packing and Amorphous Materials” include with workshop fee waiver, Trieste, Italy.
- Silver medal in Research and Innovation Exhibition (PRPI 2011), UPM, Serdang, 19-21 July 2011, (Sidek Hj. Abd. Aziz, Hamid-Reza Bahari Pour, Halimah Mohamed Kamari, “Ultrasonic study of rare earth doped GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 glass”)
- Gold Medal (First place in the country) in “2nd high school student Olympiad of laboratory physics”, Tehran, Iran.
- Work experiences
2017-Now Founder and Director of Board (Private), Center of Innovation for Green and High Technologies, Tehran, Iran.
2022-Now Invited Researcher (Sabbatical Leave), National Nanotechnology Research Center (UNAM) Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey.
2017-18 Guest Assistant Professor (Iranian National Elite Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship), Physics Department, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
2014-16 Research Fellow (Marie Curie Experienced Researcher), Institute for Materials Research, School of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Leeds, United Kingdom.
2014 Visiting researcher at Center for Solar Energy Research and Applications (GÜNAM) and Department of Physics, Middle East Technical University (METU), Turkey.
2013-14 Postdoctoral researcher at Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics (IMEN) at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
2013 Researcher at Integrated Ligthwave Research Group (ILRG), Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya
2010 Research assistant at Ultrasonic and Glass Lab at Universiti Putra Malaysia
2006 Research assistant of Superconductivity Research Laboratory (SRL) at University of Tehran
2005-10 Video editor and advertisement counselor at “The Next Step” advertising and TV program producing company
- Journal Publications:
- R. Bahari, H. A. A. Sidek, R. Zamiri, “Ultrasonic and optical properties and emission of Er3+/Yb3+ doped Lead Bismuth Germanate glass affected by Bi+/Bi2+ ions”, J. Lumin, 143, 526-533 (2013) doi:10.1016/j.jlumin.2013.05.053 (pdf).
- Hamid-Reza Bahari, Reza Zamiri, Hj. A. A. Sidek, Azmi Zakaria, Faisal Rafiq M. Adikan, “Characterization and synthesis of silver nanostructures in RE activated GeO2-PbO glass matrix using matrix adjustment thermal reduction method”, Entropy, 15(5), 1528-1539 (2013) doi:10.3390/e15051528 (pdf).
- Reza Zamiri, Avito Reblo, Hamid-Reza Bahari Poor, J.M.F. Ferreira, “Quantum cutting effect and photoluminescence emission at about 1000 nm from Er-Yb co-doped ZnO nano-plate prepared by wet chemical precipitation method”, Phys. A, 117, 2289-2294 (2014). doi:10.1007/s00339-014-8664-0 (pdf)
- Reza Zamiri, Hamid-Reza Bahari-Poor, Azmi Zakaria, Raheleh Jor, Golnoosh Zamiri, Avito Rebelo, Akrajas Ali Omar, “Upconversion Properties of the Er-Doped Y2O3, Bi2O3 and Sb2O3 Nanoparticles Fabricated by Pulsed Laser Ablation in Liquid Media”, Phys. Lett. 30-11, 118103, (2013), doi: 10.1088/0256-307X/30/11/118103 (pdf)
- Hamid-reza Bahari Poor, Hj. A. A. Sidek, Faisal Rafiq Adikan, Wan M. M. Yunus, Mohamed K Halimah, “Infrared Study of Er3+/Yb3+ Co-Doped GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 Glass”, J. Mol. Sci. 13, 8609-8614 (2012). doi:10.3390/ijms13078609 (pdf).
- V. Sarrigani, K.A. Matori, W.F. Lim, A. Kharazmi, H.J. Quah, H.R. Bahari, M. Hashim, “Structural and optical properties of Erbium doped willemite-base glass-ceramics”, Appl. Opt. 54(33), 9925-9929 (2015) doi: 10.1364/AO.54.009925 (pdf).
- Reza Zamiri, Hamid-Reza Bahari Poor, Avito Rebelo, Akrajas Ali Umar, J.M.F. Ferreira, “Enhancement of 1536 nm emission of Er doped ZnO nanostructure by Ag doping”, Mater. 36(8) (2014) 1295-1298. doi: 10.1016/j.optmat.2014.03.012 (pdf)
- V. Sarrigani, H. J. Quah, W. F. Lim, K.A. Matori, N.S. Mohd Razali, A. Kharazmi, M. Hashim, Hamid-Reza Bahari, “Characterization of Waste Material Derived Willemite-Based Glass-Ceramics Doped with Erbium”, Adv. Mater. Sci. Eng. 2015 (2015) 953659(7). doi:10.1155/2015/953659 (pdf)
- Negar Rajabi, Felora Heshmatpour, Rasoul Malekfar, Hamid-Reza Bahari-Poor, Selda Abyar, “A comparative study of dip coating and spray pyrolysis methods for synthesizing ITO nanolayers by using Ag colloidal sol”, Sci.-Poland 32(1) (2014) 102-106. doi: 10.2478/s13536-013-0165-x (pdf).
- R. Bahari, H. A. A. Sidek, M. K. Halimah, and M. Y. Wan Mahmood, F. R. M. Adikan, “The effect of bismuth on the mechanical properties and structure of GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 ternary bulk glass system”, J. Ceram. Soc. Jpn. 120(1403), 280-285, (2012) doi.org/10.2109/jcersj2.120.280 (pdf).
- A.A. Sidek, H. R. Bahari, M. K. Halimah, and M. Y. Wan Mahmood, “Preparation and Elastic Moduli of Germanate Glass Containing Lead and Bismuth”, Int. J. Mol. Sci. 13(4), 4632-4641 (2012). doi:10.3390/ijms13044632 (pdf).
- Reza Zamiri, Hossein Abbastabar Ahangar, Azmi Zakaria, Golnoosh Zamiri, Hamid Reza Bahari, Gregor P. C. Drummen, “Hydrothermal Synthesis of Goethite (α-FeOOH) Nanorods in the Presence of Ethylenediamine:Thiourea”, Nanopart. Res. 16, 2333 (2014). doi: 10.1007/s11051-014-2333-2 (pdf).
- R. Bahari, H. A. A. Sidek, M. K. Halimah, M. Y. Wan Mahmood, F. R. M. Adikan, “Ultrasonic study of GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 glass”, J. Solid State Sci. Tech. Lett. 18(1-2), 2l-23 (2011). (ISSN 0128-8393) (pdf).
- Conferences and Lectures
- R. Bahari, “Metal nanoparticle embedded and rare-earth doped novel glasses for photonic application” International Conference on Photonics & Optoelectronics; July 15-16, 2019; Zurich, Switzerland; https://www.meetingsint.com/conferences/photonics/2019
- R. Bahari, “How to work with physics? Professional meeting on Entrepreneurship in Physics”, 3 July 2017, Physics Department, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran.
- R Bahari, A.A. Umar, M.M. Salleh, R. Turan, “Synthesis of (CH3NH3)PbI3 organic/inorganic hybrid perovskite on TiO2 nano-structure layer for solar cell application” Science & Applications of Thin Films Conference & Exhibition, 15th-19th September 2014, Cesme, Izmir, Turkey.
- Hamid-Reza Bahari, “Lecture on optical materials: GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 glass: from a suitable medium for rare-earth ions using in optical waveguide, fibers, amplifiers and lasers to glass nanoparticles and nanometal embedded into glassy matrix”, Invited lecturer, 14th March 2014, Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur.
- Hamid-Reza Bahari, Reza Zamiri, Sidek Abd Aziz, “The synthesis of Silver nanoparticle embedded in PbO-GeO2 glass matrix”, The Seventh International Conference on Magnetic and Superconducting Materials 2011, 10th-13th October 2011, Avillion, Port Dickson Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia. http://science.upm.edu.my/msm11/
- Hamid-Reza Bahari, Reza Zamiri, Hj Abd Aziz Sidek, “Fabrication of Silver nano particle inside Er3+/Yb3+ activated GeO2-PbO glass matrix”, 2nd workshop and conference on nano technology, 12-13 March, 2011, UKM, Malaysia.
- Sidek Hj. Abd. Aziz, Hamid-Reza Bahari Pour, Halimah Mohamed Kamari, “Ultrasonic study of rare earth doped GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 glass”, Research and Innovation Exhibition (PRPI 2011), UPM, Serdang, 19-21 July 2011.
- R. Bahari, H. A. A. Sidek, M. K. Halimah, M. Y. Wan Mahmood, F. R. M. Adikan, Esmaeil Shahriari, “UV-Visible Study of GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 Ternary Glass Doped With Er3+ ”, 3rd International Conference on Solid State Science & Technology, ICSSST2010, December 01-03, 2010, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- R. Bahari, H. A. A. Sidek, M. K. Halimah, W. M. Daud , “Spectroscopic, Optical and Elastic properties of Rare-Earth doped GeO2-PbO-Bi2O3 Glass”, Poster presentation at 24th Regional Conference on Solid State Science and Technology 2008 (RCSSST 2008), 30 November-2 December 2008, Tiara Beach Resort, Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.
- R. Bahari, Oral presenter at Fundamental Science Congress (FSC 2012),17th – 18th July 2012, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Organized by Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia.
- Book and Chapters:
- R. Bahari, M.R.PourHosaini, E. Shafee, R. Boudaghi, “Electromagnetic Properties of Polymer Composites”, In Process
- R. Bahari, “Upconverting nanoparticles (UCNP) for biosensing” Book Chapter of Book; “Fundamentals of Sensor Technology: Principles and Novel Designs” Editor: Ahmed Barhoum, In Process
- Workshops and Meetings
- Hamid-Reza Bahari; “Photonics webinar Series: Practice on Metal Nanoparticles”; Sunday, 6:00 PM GMT+3:3028th March, 2021; Online
- Innovation Mentor (Converging Technologies), INOTEX: International Innovation and Technology Exhibition; https://inotex.com/mentorslist ; https://www.instagram.com/p/COiH9caAvKs/
- “Advanced Materials: Establishing Future Research Priorities and Collaborations”, (10 March 2016), The Technology & Innovation Centre, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, United Kingdom.
- “Materials Science Institute Conference”, (22-23 March 2016), Lancaster University Conference Centre – Lancaster House Hotel, Lancaster University, Lancaster, United Kingdom.
- “Workshop on Sphere Packing and Amorphous Materials” (25-29 July 2011) Adriatico Guest House – Kastler Lecture Hall, the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) Trieste, Italy, http://cdsagenda5.ictp.trieste.it/full_display.php?ida=a10157
- “Complex photoinduced nonlinear optical properties of the nanocomposites” & “New nanocomposite optoelectronic materials-The use of laser treatment to modify their properties”, (28 May 2014), Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics (IMEN), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), Bangi, Malaysia.
- “Expository Quantum Lecture Series 5 (EQuaLS5)” (9-13 January 2012), Faculty of science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Malaysia, http://einspem.upm.edu.my/equals5/index.php?com=main
- “2nd workshop and conference on nano technology”, (12-13 March, 2011), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi, Malaysia.
- “The 7th workshop on X-ray diffraction 2011” (28 December 2011) Faculty of science & technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi, Malaysia
- “The international Conference for Nanomaterials Synthesis and Characterization 2011 (INSC 2011)” Conference: 4-5th July 2011, Workshop: 6-7th July 2011. Mines Wellness Hotel, Seri Kembangan, Selangor MALAYSIA, “Workshop participant”.
- Scientific event organizing and collaborations
- Media collaboration with over 250 conferences around the globe since 2017 based on CIGHTECH’s strategy for international collaboration. http://www.cightech.ir/index.php/activities-news/events/
- Organizing Committee Member of “International Conference on Photonics & Optoelectronics”; July 15-16, 2019; Zurich, Switzerland; https://www.meetingsint.com/conferences/photonics/2019
- Organizing Committee Member of “3rd International Conference on Materials Physics and Materials Science” London, UK February 28-29, 2020 ; http://alliedacademies.com/profile/Bahari
- Organizing Committee Member of “CPD Accredited International Conference on Materials Physics and Materials Science”, Paris, France November 22-23, 2018; http://materialsphysics.alliedacademies.com/2018/organizing-committee
- Organizing Committee Member of “CPD Accredited 2nd International Conference on Materials Science and Engineering”, Paris, France February 25-26, 2019; http://materialscience.alliedacademies.com/europe/
- Experts Advisory Board of “Euro Industrial Chemistry and Water Reclamation 2019”, Zurich, Switzerland, July 19-20, 2019; https://www.lexisconferences.com/industrialchemistry
- Exhibition Organizer of “The 6th national conference on Progress in Superconductivity and Magnetism” 1-2 May 2019, Physics Department of Tehran University, Tehran Iran.
- Initiating and Organizing of 5 Annual conferences: “Student Physics Conference of University of Tehran” (three years as a member of the head team and one year as a supporter) (1999-2005).